Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Interesting Life Situations: Paint Fight

Don't mind my awkwardness...
During first semester for a Young Life club we had a huge paint war. We threw paint all over each other, played capture the flag, and had a blast. Covered head to toe in paint I drove back to my dorm to get cleaned up.

But, on Monday nights my dorm does this thing called "Life Group" where the girls from our wing get together and.... talk about our lives I guess. I never get to go because it is on Young Life night and I am never here for it. So the day of the paint fight we had met for Young Life early so I was back at my dorm in time for life group.

I had little to no intention of going to this event.. Not my thing. But our life group leader just so happened to walk into my room while my roommate was about to leave and realized I was there.. She got very excited and started going on about Life Group.. All I wanted at that point was to shower but here I was confronted with the person in charge.

So I found myself sitting in a chair in the lobby of the second floor waiting for the others to show up. Every. Single. Look. I got that night was of pure questioning judgement. I don't blame them. I looked like I had been attacked by a crayon mob, or a bunch of Kindergartners maybe. I felt a little uncomfortable but then I got to explain what Young Life was to the girls on my wing so that was exciting. Feeling uncomfortable is all part of the deal I guess. I would be the one to show up to an event covered in paint. Yay for interesting life situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment