Thursday, March 20, 2014

Soccer has been Mean Lately


I love my sport more than almost everything. I am my happiest when I am playing soccer. There is little better than the feeling of leaving everything on the field and walking away exhausted. But soccer has been mean to me lately. I have not had good luck with injuries the last few weeks. I sprained my ankle almost 3 weeks ago. It is a re-sprain of the same ankle I sprained during State Cup last May. 

I had to walk on Graduation with an air cast:

I rocked the beat up old Vans for Graduation
The ankle isn't very strong because of the first sprain so it happened again during warm ups before a Saturday game. 
The original damage. Monday after the injury
After a couple days. Less swelling
 I randomly got this giant ball print on my leg during warm ups last Saturday. I had been cleared to play and my ankle was all taped then this happens. What the heck. Just quick info, I still have the bruise and the mark and it's Thursday.
Ball Print from Warm-ups 
 But the ankle is getting stronger and improving well! I'll be playing after spring break no problem. Fingers Crossed! Blessed to have an athletic training staff to take such good care of me!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! You're really passionate about soccer, Alex! I'm really glad to see you excited over the sport. Congratulations on graduating, by the way. Anyway, I hope your ankle has been a lot better ever since that post. I hope it hasn't kept you from playing your A-game. Take care! I wish you all the best! :)

    Madalyn Oconnell @ Steadman Hawkins Clinic-Denver

    ReplyDelete