Thursday, March 6, 2014

Food Pyramid

I am taking a Fundamentals of Wellness class this semester and I have to tell you I don't approve of the "My Plate" deal. Don't try to tell me how much food to put on my plate. No. I like the pyramid better so I created my own food pyramid because the national guidelines aren't cutting it for me.

I even drew it on graph paper... 
I'm pretty sure these are the only things you need to eat to survive. None of these things have serving sizes. Unlike the boring national guidelines that like to limit the amount of food you eat, with my pyramid a serving size is whatever you want it to be. Half a bag of tortilla chips with salsa? Go for it. The limit does not exist on Nutella. Any pizza can be a personal pizza if you believe in yourself. French Fries= heaven. Coffee is of course the highest on the priority list. I could probably eat 17 of those little oranges if I had access to them. Top Ramen is the meal of champions. That is all. It's pretty self explanatory which makes it way better than the confusing national guidelines and their charts.

So in your face national health guidelines. My pyramid kicks your "My Plate" system's butt.

3 comments:

  1. I needed a laugh today...thank you...I love your reasoning :)

    ReplyDelete