Thursday, February 27, 2014

My Movie References are out of Control

Khan, Star Trek: Into Darkness
In case you haven't seen Star Trek: Into Darkness yet, the villain is Khan who is played by Benedict Cumberbatch. I loved this movie and I recommend it highly.

Anyways, yesterday I was in class and my professor was talking about technology and how it is replacing human interaction then he asks, "Would you rather have me teaching the class or Khan."

I sat up in my chair and blurted out "Khan!" Who wouldn't want an attractive villain to teach class as opposed to a professor. My professor looked extremely confused and just goes, "You would rather have Khan academy educational videos teach instead of me?"

Sinking down into my chair I glanced at a guy in my class as we both started trying to justify this comment with explanations of Star Trek: Into Darkness. Once my professor realized we had been talking about a villain from a movie and not an educational video he just started laughing and quickly moved on to the rest of the lecture.

Leave it to me to make a movie reference out of my professor's lecture and replace him with a villain.

I find myself referencing movies more often than normal. I can hardly get through a conversation without throwing in a movie quote. Its a problem. 

2 comments: