Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Film Shoot Fun


This last weekend I was asked to be on a film shoot for a girl in my major's senior project. I was very excited and had a lot of fun. Of course though with any situation I manage to cause problems for myself. For instance I accidentally hit one of the lights while moving equipment.

A fun and scary thing was I got to be an extra on the set. In the film a store was being robbed by two men and I got to play one of the customers that got robbed. My job was fairly simple; pretend to study candy in the aisle, turn around when man came in yelling, and act like I was actually getting robbed.

The only directions I was given was to act like this was really happening and to look scared. The looking scared part was pretty easy, being in front of the camera and having someone screaming at you pretending to rob you is a little stressful. I wasn't sure how to actually act in that situation. The guy had a baseball bat for crying out loud. I had a lot of time to think about it and probably just ended up looking confused.

The other awkward moment came when I was trying to put a cable away that was all twisted. There is a special technique for wrapping up cables called Over Under. It just keeps the cord from getting tangled while wound up. So I was attempting to Over Under, I am actually decent at this but was struggling in this particular instance, and my professor's wife was standing there watching me. She comes over and tells me the way I learned to Over Under is wrong and is much better done a different way. Desperately trying to make a good impression on her I tried her technique and did the best I could. But the whole time she was just standing there watching me, I felt very uncomfortable because of how much I was struggling and pretty soon things were fairly tangled, she eventually walked away but I could feel my good impression going down the drain.

Oh well. I still had fun.. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment