Thursday, January 16, 2014

Making of a Champion

Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson

In honor of the Seahawks playing the 49ers on Sunday I was inspired to write about my favorite team.

My family is originally from Washington around the Tacoma area. I grew up watching the Seahawks  with my dad. I love Sundays, God and football, there is nothing better!

Speaking of God and football, recently a few of the players for the Seahawks put together a video called Making of a Champion. The video is a series of interviews of some of the players and coaches for the team. They talk about their lives growing up and how they started playing football. They talk about the turning points in their lives as they realized they were playing football at the highest level they could and still felt there was something missing. A relationship with Christ.

At Young Life a few weeks ago we showed Making of a Champion as the message during club. It was amazing to see 60 high school students perfectly quiet while watching the video. As we invited our Young Life kids to watch I would like to invite you as well to take a few minutes and just listen to what these players have to say:


I think it is incredible to see players and coaches talking about their relationships with Christ. It goes to show how important a relationship with Christ is to them that they want to share it with their fans.
Oh yeah... Go Hawks.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this video. Clint is a young life leader in my area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have met him at Malibu!! He is a very cool guy.

    ReplyDelete