Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Naps are Confusing


I am not a big fan of naps. I never have been. Ask my mother. As a child I wouldn't nap and I don't really nap now unless I am exhausted.

Most naps sound like a good idea. I'll crawl into bed after practice just to try and warm up, or I'll get to practice early and sleep in the locker room, or get to my media class and fall asleep on the couches before class. All relatively pleasant situations. 

But, without fail, I wake up completely lost to my surroundings and with no clue as to what is going on around me. I feel no more rested than I did before I got the bright idea to nap. I am grumpy. It never fails. 

I took a half hour nap today on accident and woke up, saw my clock said 7 and thought I had slept to Wednesday and it was time for me to wake up and get ready for class to take an exam. I'm pretty sure I made some noises or said something random because my roommate just laughed at me. I'm still pretty confused what happened. Naps just become voids in my life that I can't remember clearly and that freaks me out.

So basically naps are the most confusing wonderful things. Extra sleep, good. Waking up horribly confused, not good. The internal conflict I have over naps is probably more dramatic than it should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment