Thursday, March 13, 2014

Birthday Adventures

I find this ridiculously funny
So yesterday was my birthday! It was pretty great. I had an amazing day and was truly blessed by my family and friends. I felt very loved by all the wonderful people in my life.. My little sister, Hailey, showed up at my dorm and wanted to take me out for coffee. So of course I was excited for that and we headed off to Starbucks. My little sister is a maniac of a driver and almost missed the turn to get into the parking lot but she goes flying into the parking lot and we pull up to the drive through. I order my usual Grande White Chocolate Mocha with an extra shot and Hailey decided she wanted the same thing. So she tells the lady over the intercom that she wants the same thing except in a 16oz...

For those of you that don't regularly drink coffee at Starbucks a Grande is 16oz.

A look of horror crossed her face as she realized what she said and then had to spend 5 minutes fixing her mistake to the drink lady. We finally get our order sorted and we pull up to the window. The girl working I have two classes with and she is laughing at us. Hailey pulls up to far away from the window and has to get out of the car in order the pay the lady for our coffee.

That's right. Not roll down the window and lean awkwardly out of it far away. Full open the door get out of the car and walk to the window far away. I am dying I am laughing so hard. While we are waiting for coffee the lady notices the windows on Hailey's car have window paint on them. Hailey's birthday is two days before mine and her friend had written all kinds of goofy things, watching Hailey tell the Starbucks lady about her windows and what they said was hilarious as my little sister gets kind of awkward around people. We finally got our coffees and were headed back to school when Hailey stalls her car at the stop sign. At this point we are crying we are laughing so hard. Gasping for air and trying not to spill the precious coffee we made it back to school where a bunch of my friends had decorated the inside of my dorm room with balloons and streamers. It was a great surprise, I don't get surprised very easily and so the fact I didn't suspect anything is a feat in itself. I felt so loved and it was a great way to start celebrating my birthday.

So thank you to everyone that wished me happy birthday yesterday and thank you to those that made my day so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment