Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Struggles of Sarcasm


I love sarcasm. Its probably my favorite means of communication. If a person can have a completely sarcastic conversation with me then they are a friend for life. I can joke around and talk in circles for hours as long as the other person can follow and contribute to the conversation.

These people can be few and far between. Finding these people brings me a lot of joy.

The only issue is sometimes with these people, our combined sarcasm creates this riddle of non serious banter that all of a sudden becomes serious. But, because we were both being sarcastic the "serious" conversation that developed can't actually be taken seriously. You become so used to being sarcastic that the line between sarcasm and actual conversation is so blurred neither side knows if we are still being sarcastic or if we have become serious. Both sides leave the conversation with a mild sense of confusion wondering if what we talked about was a real thing. Which actually kind of adds to the fun of having a sarcastic conversation, keeps you guessing in a world of hypothetical situations. These conversations are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment